Step One: Add your photo, personalize your page text, and set your fundraising goal!
Step Two: Share your fundraising link with your family and friends! Select “Pledge Tools” from the top toolbar. Enter one email address per line, and click Send Emails!
Step Three: Share your fundraising link on social media – copy & paste it from your “Home” page. Proudly share your involvement in this meaningful event in support of Special Olympics Canada Foundation!
Step Four: Looking for some extra motivation to fundraise? Check out the awesome Reebok prizes that we have available!
$300 – Reebok Hat (first 100 participants to raise $300)
$500 – Reebok CrossFit Wrist Wraps (first 75 participants to raise $500)
$750 – Reebok Duffle Bag (first 50 participants to raise $750)
$1000 – Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 (first 20 participants to raise $1000)
- Clothes for working out 24 times (probably don't need 24 changes 🙂 )
- Towels/toiletries to shower
- Sleeping gear
- Camping chair
- Water bottles
- WOD accessories (lifting shoes, wraps, gloves, sleeves, bandeezies, skipping ropes, etc...)
- Can do attitude
- Food - Check with your gym however you will need to bring sustenance for the 24 hours. Think of things you can eat and then workout in less than 50 minutes from time of consumption. Think trail mix, protein shakes, jerky, fruit, veggies, sweet potatoes.
- Entertainment (iPod, iPad, headphones, speakers, whatever you think will ght o the sleep deprivation madness)
- Positive mindset
Click the sample post button above to download instructions on how to help promote the event on social media.
People should show up ~1 hour before the rst WOD to get settled, checked in, get their shirts and warm up
30 minutes prior to the rst WOD there will be a speech by the Special O athletes on what it means to them, as well a speech by the owner on the day focusing on safety, community and having a great time.
We recommend a large group warmup for the rst WOD 10 minutes prior to the start of the rst WOD
The Special O athletes will join a team or two and participate in the rst WOD – this is a critical part of the team, please have some fun with this.
As the day goes on, a rhythm will develop between WODS, rest, sleep, eat, shower, mobility, warm up etc…
Athletes are able to participate in either 6, 12 or 24 hour groups (or whatever they can do). The idea is to be considerate of participants schedules to allow for maximum participation which in turn drives more donation dollars to SOCF. If someone signs up for 6 and is having a great time they can do 12 or 24 if they want and vice versa. If someone is signed up for 24 hours and needs to stop, they should it should be made clear to them that this is okay.
Reach out into your community for local sponsors. It is a great way to introduce your athletes to vendors from your community and vice versa. We have had great success with this over the past 5 years at CF24.
Email, call or go visit local businesses that you think might have an interest in promoting themselves with your gym. Promote the opportunity to engage with your amazing gym members while supporting local Special Olympics athletes!
Download this letter from CF24 that provides information on the event that can be given to potential sponsors. Feel free to edit it to personalize the details from your gym.
TYPES OF SPONSORSHIP:
- Monetary is always great! In the absence of that, try these In-Kind approaches…
- Food – Lunch, dinner, breakfast and snacks are great opportunities for specic sponsorship
- Talk to food vendors from farmer’s markets about providing meals, new restaurants wanting to get their name out there cooking dinner and/or breakfast, food trucks setting up shop outside, etc…
- Liquor stores providing some liquid strength (Kegs, growlers, bourbon, whatever…)
- Gear / clothing – Shirts, gear, shoes, etc – great to give out to top fundraisers at your gym
- Massages, physio, etc…
- Coffee – We have had Starbucks provide large containers of coee nationally. They need a few days’ notice to plan around this.
More details to come on this.
If you’ve got the space, vendors can also set up shop and sell products that your athletes will enjoy during the CF24 event. If it makes sense, a request can also be made for a portion of their sales to be donated back!
Don’t forget to reach out to your athletes for connections. The eld of options becomes much greater!
THANK YOUR SPONSORS, make sure to post lots on social media, thanking them and giving them shout-outs
Make sure to let your athletes know ahead of time if there will be vendors there so they can plan accordingly
Any National or Provincial Sponsors that are brought on board will be shared with the aliates as soon as possible.