Founded in 2002, The Northern Lights Golf Invitational (formerly the Jim Thompson Memorial) has netted over $1.9 million dollars for the Special Olympics Canada Foundation.
This exclusive annual event takes 22 foursomes on an all inclusive three day(s), two night(s) golf tournament at some of the most prestigious courses in North America including Oviinbyrd, Pinehurst, Kiawah Island, Whistlings Straits at The American Club, Streamsong, and Cabot Links to name a few.
We are very excited to announce that for 2018, the Northern Lights Golf Invitational will be returning to The American Club in Kohler Wisconsin, home of Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits.
All four courses between the two venues are in the top 60 of America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses as rated by Golf Digest, with The Straits and The River courses coming in at #4 and #15 respectively. The Straits course, created by the legendary golf course designer Pete Dye, has hosted three PGA Championships, a U.S. Senior Open and two U.S. Women’s Opens. In 2020, the Straits course at Whistling Straits will host the Ryder Cup Matches.
Your registration fee includes:
- Round trip airfare on a private charter from Toronto to Milwaukee. Departs Toronto early on Sunday May 27th and returns Tuesday late afternoon, May 29th, 2018
- Luxury two (2) night individual room accommodations at The American Club Resort in Kohler, Wisconsin
- All meals and all transportation to and from the airport and courses as per event itinerary
- Gala Dinner on Sunday May 27th, featuring a spectacular reverse draw and a 1 in 88 chance to WIN a golf vacation for two.
And last but certainly not least, three (3) rounds of unforgettable golf:
- The River Course – Sunday, May 27th upon arrival
- Whistling Straits (with caddies) – Monday, May 26th at 8:00am
- The Irish Course – Tuesday, May 27th at 8:00 am
Past Winners of the Tournament
Peter Van Brunt