Founded in 2002, The Northern Lights Golf Invitational (formerly the Jim Thompson Memorial) has netted over $2.2 million dollars for the Special Olympics Canada Foundation.
This exclusive annual event takes 22 foursomes on an all inclusive three day(s), two night(s) golf tournament at some of the most prestigious courses in North America including Oviinbyrd, Pinehurst, Kiawah Island, Whistling Straits at The American Club, Streamsong, and Cabot Links to name a few.
We are very excited to announce that for 2020, the Northern Lights Golf Invitational will be returning to Pinehurst, North Carolina.
We have secured rounds for our tournament on course #2, #4, and #8, all ranked in the top 100 courses in the US. We are also looking at arranging a Monday afternoon tournament for those interested on the short 9-hole Par 3 course called The Cradle. For those that played it last year, they know it is a tough test of golf, not made any easier by the loud rock music and beverage holders on each tee!
Your registration fee includes:
- Round trip airfare on a private charter from Toronto to Pinehurst (10 mins from the resort). Departs Toronto from Toronto Pearson early on Sunday May 24th and returns Tuesday evening, May 29th, 2020 via Raleigh-Durham airport
- Luxury two (2) night individual room accommodations at The Carolina Inn, Pinehurst
- All meals and all transportation to and from the airport and courses as per event itinerary
- Gala Dinner on Sunday May 24th, featuring a spectacular reverse draw and a 1 in 88 chance to WIN a golf vacation for two.
And last but certainly not least, three (3) rounds of unforgettable golf:
- Course No. 8 – Sunday, May 24th upon arrival
- Course No. 2 – Monday, May 25th at 8:00am
- Course No. 4 – Tuesday, May 26th at 8:00am
Past Winners of the Tournament
Peter Van Brunt